Tuesday, July 17, 2012

July 16, 2012


My Family,

What a week! There were a lot of simple but positive experiences this week. I detailed one in my letter to president. Simple experiences like that happen every day. It has to be the work of God himself for such things to happen and to happen just right. Our mission has a monthly fireside. It is called the "why i believe" fireside. We can only go if we bring an investigator or recent convert. Martin came with us so i went to my first mission fireside. the speakers at the fireside are recent converts. They each share their experiences and the reasons that they believe and the blessings that have come from it. It's pretty neat to see the changes that the gospel makes in people, the humility that they gain, and the peace that they find when they apply the teachings of the Savior and make covenants. Surely, only divinity can make possible the changes that some of those people made. 

... Life is so good! Well family, today is the first day of transfer #2. I'm already old. I'm getting closer to my companion, more focused on the work, and trying to consecrated my will and my thoughts...everything. it's hard sometimes not to think of you or friends or school or hard not to notice that celebrities are coming to vegas. i'm focused and zealous about this work. I let myself think and imagine the missionaries that each of you were back in your day. I think of dad in mexico, mom in chicago (i've learned that jewish people are hard to teach), mike in germany, steve in indonesia, janae in texas, and jon in peru. I think about your obedience and your sacrifices as missionaries. I think about your examples of serving but also your examples after. Member missionary work is key! we rarely get referrals but this week we got 2 from members and 3 from other missionaries. I really wasn't lying about tender mercies this week! Alejandra is the friend of a member, Sister Delgado. Alejandra is very open and honest. She has had spiritual experiences before and knows how the spirit feels. We expect her at church this week! She's really funny and she understand english really well so when i start to get mixed up, i attempt in spanish then say it in english and she understand. one of the perks of going stateside. We also had a new missionary mid training meeting. it was so so great! sister Neider quoted President Joseph Smith, "The things men believe in are the things they do." the connection later game that when we read our spcripture or say our prayers or any other act of obedience, it increases our faith or belief which means our power to do is increased. sounds great, right!? The best part yet is that all of this simply means increased happiness. There is no reason for unhappiness when we are obedient in our actions but also in our hearts and minds. We also talked about counting our blessings. President Neider said,"When we look for the good in our companions and others, we are literally counting our blessings." "Literally counting our blessings!" How i love this gospel and how i love this life. Day by day things get better. This pattern is meant to be a pattern of a lifetime, not a pattern of a missionary or a pattern of a school year or a job. The gospel of Jesus Christ is real. It has 2 parts: the teachings of the Savior and the principle leader being our Savior. There is only one way and one place to grasp the entire gospel of Jesus Christ! 

I love you all! Thank you again for your examples and support!

My love and Prayers,

Sister Burrup

also, Thank you Allison mills and Sister Gomez for the letters! 


Dear President Neider,

Sister Cedillo and I were talking about our week during companionship study on friday and she simply said that the Lord had blessed a lot this week. I am still learning what a normal week is supposed to look like and as i thought about it, the Lord has poured out his blessings on this week. I read in my journal to review the week and looked at my planner and sister cedillo was right, as usual, that the Lord has blessed us. There isn't a huge story to tell but to me, the tender mercies are still huge. Simple things happened. For example, we were looking for people to street contact and every bus stop was empty. There weren't people anywhere. The thought came to mind that we should say a pray and immediately following sister Cedillo spotted a woman. We quickly parked and met her. fortunately, she was hispanic. We walked with her and shared our simple testimonies but she wasn't very interested. Still, it was a tender mercy just to find someone. But when we returned to our a car a family of 7 was outside their home. We talked to them and will meet with them tomorrow.  I believe that the Lord uses other people, even some that have no interest at all, to guide us to other people who are prepared. I have already seen it many times. I love the Lord and i am so grateful for His blessings. I know it is His work and that He loves His children.  For those 2 reasons I know He will continue to move the work forward. Thank you for everything President Neider. I loved the training this last week and I apologize that we were late. Our appointment beforehand started late. Please say thank you to Sister Neider as well. Hurrah for israel!

Sister Burrup

No comments:

Post a Comment