Tuesday, February 26, 2013

February 25, 2013


My wonderful family!

Why do you spoil me so much! Jon and Nicole, i would love to be your valentine since i can't be anyone else's! Thanks for the package. i used the cinnamon bears to commit many missionaries in sunrise to go to be byu afterwards. We have too much fun hear in Las Vegas. Also, mom, thank you for sending those packages to the two elders. Sister Royal gave me a call and said they got here and asked me about them. She expressed her gratitude for your thoughtfulness and generosity. Thank you. Also, Sister Nieto and i LOVED our package. The committed mailman picture made me smile and still makes me smile. Thank you for including sister nieto. We have a lot of fun and we've put to use the skirts and slippers. Do you have sadie's address? i'd love to send her a thank you card.

Well, We have had a good and rough week. Nadia has been reading the book of mormon. She says she feels happy everytime she reads. She said she feels like God loves her again and she wants to keep learning. On thursday we had an appointment with her and apparently her husband doesn't want us to teach her. She sent us a text to drop us but we were...i guess inspired not to check our phone so we went anyway. She hugged us so tight when we knocked on her door. Her husband wasn't home and we read the text. Our hearts just sank as we read the text. We didn't cry in front of nadia but we decided to fast and made plans to come back when he would be home. We are still working on contacting him but please please please help us with prayers for jose to let us teach in his home....or even that he will let us talk to him. Nadia is so sincere and so good. I know God wants her to be blessed. 

We also had breakfast with the stake presidency about a week and a half ago. i was so impressed and i can't help but think of you, dad. I know that you are blessing many many people's lives. I'm greatful for you selfless service and unfailing example. i was laughing as sister nieto and i talked one day because i remember when we went out to the garden to get some fresh tomatoes and we didn't have any at all. We later found out that it was because you had given to the neighbors. you were born a missionary dad. I'm glad you made me take rasberries to the pandi's nextdoor even when i was shy and didn't want to. thank you dad for teaching by example. you have worked so hard your whole life and i hope i can do the same. Thanks! Anyway, back to the stake presidency breakfast :) the president was talking about the mission interviews. One question is if they have a faith in jesus christ and a testimony that jesus christ is the savior of the world or something along those lines. He said people always say yes but what he values most is the response to his next question, "why." I got thinking more about the why i believe what i do. Why do i feel confident in my testimony. Why do i look dumb riding a bike in a skirt. Why am I happy? why are there hard weeks? and good weeks? The why of the gospel is so revealing of God's true character: A loving Heavenly Father who simply wants His precious children to return to him. When president Stapleton set me apart that was one thing he mentioned that i've been able to use my whole mission. It's true it all comes back to a loving father in heaven who wants to be with his children again. 

I am so so grateful for the gospel and for the miraculous blessings it brings to the faithful. How i love my Savior and my Father in Heaven. I gladly dedicate my life to him one day at a time. Thanks for you emails and support. I love you very much and feel your support. Keep taking care of the neighbors, dad, and never forget your zoo face. We have every reason in the world to be happy happy happy! i love you! Hurrah for Israel

Love

Hermana Burrup

ps- YMLU

pss- way funny that you met garrett breeze. Cool guy. I'm glad you got to talk to him. He's very talented and a lot of fun!

Dear President Neider,

I loved interviews. Thank you for all your help and I'm sorry i took so much of your time but thank you very much for blessing all of Las Vegas! This week sister Nieto decided we WILL ride bikes as a result of Sister Neider's comments. We are going to get out and contact more people and work harder and more effectively! I want to work harder, be better, be more effective, leave a big mark on the lives and area of sunrise for the better. I love Jesus Christ and i know that He loves the people here and wants to bless them. I want to help. Thank you for your examples and help. We love you and your wife! Hurrah for Israel!

Love

Hermana Burrup

No comments:

Post a Comment