Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Sept 17, 2012


*This week we got some not so good news and what strength Laurel brings to our family.  Even far away with limited contact, she is an example of mighty faith and sincere compassion.  She truly mourns with those that mourn and rejoices with those that rejoice.  She's such sweet girl and we're grateful for her goodness and her wisdom. 


My lovely family,

Thank you for the emails. You all know how much i want to be a part of your lives. In the middle of dad's cancer i had to go to school and my fear was that all of a sudden i wouldn't be there anymore to hurt when the bad news came or to be there in tears of joy when the good news came. As you can imagine, that fear isn't really gone. Thank you for keeping me updated on everything... I will certainly continue to pray for you. Kind of neat tidbit, i've been praying for you all this week. I didn't know why but i do now. The prayers won't stop, i promise. I wish i could do more than just pray for you. It seems so small but it's more effective than anything i would have to offer even if i were with you. Thank you for the faith that you have. The answer to have faith seems so simple but it can be hard. I know you both love the Lord and i know the Lord absolutely loves you so he WILL sustain you! always!  i hope you are smiling. know that i'm still smiling here. By the end of everything we always look back smiling about the good and the bad. The bumps in the roads are just a tool to get us where we need to be, want to be, and will be IF we consecrate everything to the Lord! How we love the Lord, burrup/merril/pratt family :)  I know each of you love the Lord and i add to it my testimony and love for him. His plans are great and his sight is better than ours. we just "be believing, pray always, search diligently, and all things work together for you good" (thanks for teaching me that scripture mom and dad ) I testify that He is aware 100% and i testify that everything is ok! not will be but is because he is in control. i see my "I am a Burrup" card several times each week and family picture is on the cover of my notebook. I think of you often and i love you! through our obedience and worthiness, the Lord will work miracles for us!

Well, quick update on missionary work here. Ethel and Cristian are moving on thursday. we are super sad but also excited for them. if everything works out right our last lesson is going to be at the temple about eternal families before they leave. we want them to feel the spirit strongly so that they never forget it and never settle for less. we asked them if they would make baptism their goal. Ethel wants to be baptised so so badly. she smiled big then looked at her husband to see what he would say. He did't say yes but he didn't say no either. he needs to pray. he has been listening but hasn't yet prayed or read like he has commited to do. I know when he does he will also have the desire to join his wife. Well, times up but once again, i love you so so so so so much! thanks again for being your best! you mean the world of me! Hurrah for Israel

All my love and more!,

Hermana lufer Burrup

ps- picture of sister cedillo, her two daughters, and her 1 grandaughter :)

She's gorgeous


Dear President Neider,

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, President! I hope it is an extra good one this year! 

Well, the weeks are flying by! We have been trying to use every minute here. anytime we had time before 9 we used to visit people at bus stops. Sister Oyanedel had the idea of going to neighborhoods instead of bustops. We say a pray and then go where we feel we should. On tuesday we only had 15 minutes to find someone. Sister Oyanedel said a prayer and we simply decided where to go together. It was actually a pretty neat experience because we were led directly to a house. Of course not any house but a house full of hispanics. We are hoping to teach 2 families from that contact. It was so simple but a neat experience to see how simply praying with faith leads us to people. How i love prayer! I set goals just yesterday to help our prayers to be more effective as a companionship and personally. We studied prayer as part of our 12 week training program. I have really enjoyed doing the program again. I feel that i am better able to apply Preach my gospel as a missionary by evaluating again and setting goals. President, we are trying hard to work together. We have a lot to learn together. Sister Oyanedel has a lot of a faith and it's helping me to expect the miracles that the Lord CAN perform. Thank you for everything you do president and happy birthday again! :)

Love,

Hermana Burrup

No comments:

Post a Comment