Saturday, October 26, 2013

May 21

My dear Family,
Sounds like a lot of neat things are happening in the family right now! thanks for sending me pictures and telling me all the good news. It's so fun to see your faces and cute Aubrey in her dress. Mom, you are so talented with sewing her dress. She looks so cute. I'm excited to meet her eventually even if she will be big then.
Well, the work is going incredibly well. Alejandra has a baptismal date for june 22! we are really excited for her but she didn't come to church this last sunday like she said she would. We are trying to work with her on that. Also, Lysbett is progressing. She went from refusing to make any commitments to excited and understanding the book of mormon and hasn't missed sacrament meeting this whole month. The Difference was simply hope. She was living with someone and last week he said he wants to leave. We had a good lesson this week on the importance and meaning of covenants. We need to be willing to make any change whether it's easy or not. W talked about claiming and choosing your salvation rather than just hoping it will be made easy eventually for us. She is a sweet sister. Hope was the difference for her. When we feel there is hope a renewed motivation comes. All hope comes through Jesus Christ. I was thinking about how neat that is. When we really focus on the hope and potential we have through Jesus Christ we have a renewed motivation and faith to move forward and really progress. I feel like my time is short and i have so much to do and so much to change before it all ends. So this realization is of special signifnicance for me as i become the person i desire to be: christlike and perfected in and through him. We also had a neat experience due to sister Zegarra´s inspiration. She literally just felt like we should knock on a door so we did and it's a mother and son. The son is trying to change and quit his drug addictions. He has a lot of potential. Honestly, the work is great. i feel nervous about this next transfer because i might lose sister zegarra to an english ward. what a bummer. I'm mostly afraid that we won't be able to get everything done that we need without doing splits. But the lord will provide and i'm sure any  companion that the lord puts here will be here for a reason. Know that i love this gospel and know it is true. Can't wait to hear about your mission call, christian!

Love you tons!
Hermana Burrup

ps- Christian, i have great great news! We had interviews with president this last week and President Neider says that when you relieve your mission call you can call me right before you open it!!!! I am so excited for you. I don't know if you will get it this week or next week but either way, i'll write the phone number down.it is 702-203-1943


Dear President Neider,

I promise I've been working my whole mission but i feel like this week was probably the best week yet because we worked like never before. Honestly, there is so much work to be done in paradise. I feel so blessed to be able to serve here but at the same time I'm trying hard to keep up with everyone. we are trying to make sure no one falls through the cracks and give everyone the opportunity to hear the gospel.  Sister Zegarra is an incredibly strong missionary. I'm impressed by her understanding of the gospel and i feel the spirit strongly when she shares her testimony.  I love the church, i love the Savior, i love the work, and i love paradise. There are many in need of the gospel that will accept if we are only willing to obey the promptings we receive. Thank you again President for your powerful example and testimony! We love you and your wife and are grateful for your leadership!

Love

Hermana Burrup

No comments:

Post a Comment