Saturday, October 26, 2013

May 27

My dear dear family,
I think we have all been spoiled this week. Christian is going to peru, and i got to be a part of it. mom talked about all of her blessings, kirsten and mike are moving forward with help in the decision making process, and steve and janae are doing great with aubrey too. It's all good news in the family. This week I'll only add to it! So many investigators came to church! We were pleasantly surprised. The gonzalez family came as well as alejandra and her 3 daughters, and dionicio and Flor. It's been neat to see how this really is the Lord's work. He helps us and inspires us. The members were incredible supportive as well. This is an excellent ward with excellent leadership. I am grateful for the opportunity to serve here. The organization of the church is so neat. It really is meant to be a church "of one heart and one mind." I am learning more of the importance of unity and communication with leaders and auxilaries. Sister Zegarra really is an excellent missionary. She is already doing so so much. When we selflessly work for others, we are inspired to know what is best and how to do it. I love the work that the church as a whole does. It is focused on Jesus Christ, and helping each and every one of God's children. Family History, Relief Society, missionary programs, Seminary, Ysa wards, activities....all of it has a purpose and place. Sometimes i feel like i don't know how to balance everything. Everything seems to be an emphasis. Everything seems crucially important. Why? because this work and my purpose is of eternal significance so my focus has to be eternal as well. I strongly believe that the serving a mission has opened my eyes to better understand my temple covenants. It is meant to be a guide to my life. My temple covenants are a power to me and my motivation is my love for the Lord and his perfect will for me and others. I love you all and i love his work. i love my mission my companion my president. The Lord really is good and helps his children as much as he can. thank you again for your prayers and help. i am so blessed to be a burrup! 

Love

Hermana Burrup
ps- my district leader elder judd just lost his dad. Please pray for him and his family. He's a great elder and is working hard. 


Dear President Neider,
 

It's been another good week. We struggled a little more getting our Lessons with Members this week but we do feel the support from the ward. We had many investigators at church this Sunday and the members really helped them feel comfortable, wanted, and that they belonged there, including the bishop.  The Lord has blessed us a lot this week. To be 100% honest, i feel quite undeserving of many of the blessings he is giving us. We have been trying hard to stay caught up with the area book and it has been a great blessing in planning. My greatest worry is mainly making sure that every investigators needs are being met and that we have appointments with them every week. I will work harder to be more organized and more diligent in my work.  I also received the phone call from my brother. He is serving in Peru, Lima East mission. He and sister Zegarra are very excited. Thank you from me and my family for letting me be a part of this monumental day for one of my best friends!
 

Also, this week i had a great opportunity to go on an exchange with Sister Despain. I had planned to go there with Sister Cichoski but as it got closer i felt that i needed to be first with her trainer then with her. So that is what we did. It was wonderful. Sister Zegarra and i both felt that we learned how to teach more simply. Sister Despain is a great teacher and really loves this work. I was impressed with her positive and trusting  attitude and her quickness and confidence in testifying of the restoration.
 

Thanks president for everything! We sure love you!

Love

Hermana Burrup

No comments:

Post a Comment